There are many people benefit from being on a weight loss plan. However, when choosing a diet for you, there are many things you should consider. Are you going enjoy to enjoy the diet? It is pretty stressful if you hate being on a diet. You cannot force yourself to eat you do not like. Losing weight is hard when you are stressed. The more you hate the food in your diet, the more you are tempted to cheat and eat your favorites. You must also consider the health aspects of the diet you will be taking. Will you be getting all the vitamins and nutrients you need? If not, then do not take a health risk.
Whether you are super fat or not that much, take some time to think over the diets and review thoroughly what are their advantages and disadvantages. Health should be your number one priority, so don’t be too impulsive in choosing. A help from a good online nutritionist is necessary. They will provide you with a custom meal plan that will make sure This article will help you in one way or the other to have a bird eye view of the common weight loss diet plans you can choose:
1. Balanced vegetarian diet
- It consists of fruits, vegetables and foods that originate from plants.
- Recent studies show that a vegetarian diet has a 30% lower risk of heart related diseases.
- There are different vegetarian diets ranging from strictest to the lenient.
- Vegan diet foods: Vegetables, fruits, legumes, nuts, grains
- Lacto-vegetarian diet foods: Milk and milk products such as cheese and yogurt
- Lacto-ovo-vegetarian diet foods: Eggs only
- Flexitarian diet foods: Occasional consumption of fish, poultry and meat.
There has been some talk about the vegetarian diet leading to nutritional deficiency. To avoid nutritional deficiency follow these nutritional guidelines, which will let you know which vegetables are okay to eat.
- Iron (important in the transport of oxygen to the lungs and to the different parts of the body): Spinach, beans, wheat, tofu, lentils, broccoli, black eye beans, potatoes.
- Calcium (responsible for bone strength): Alfalfa sprouts, asparagus, bamboo shoots, soy milk, soy nuts, soy beans, pickled, broccoli, mustard greens, and fortified juices.
- Vitamin B12 (it also boosts up energy aids in the production of red blood cells): Beetroot, cabbage, Brussels sprouts.
2. Low Fat Diet
Fat has always been the number reason why obesity is increasing significantly these days. As such, there are many available options to choose on a low-fat diet.
- Use low-fat oils (olive oil, canola oil) for cooking.
- Use non-sticky pan that has been cleansed thoroughly after a deep frying session to prevent too much oil on food.
- Make sure you have fresh vegetables in your diet and avoid canned goods, which are usually preserved in salt.
- Eat a lot of legumes like kidney beans, lentils, chickpeas, black-eyes beans and others.
- Make sure that the pasta that you are buying is made from whole wheat.
- Avoid salad dressings like mayonnaise and thousand island sauce, instead, opt for Worchester sauce or soya sauce for garnishing and flavor.
- Eat a lot of fresh fruits and vegetables.
3. The South Beach Diet
- This is one of the top 5 weight loss diet plans in the United States today.
- It never allows starvation and deprivation of foods.
- It is divided into phases.
- Phase 1
It lasts for about 14 days. This is the strictest phase as there a strict regulation on what to consume. Carbohydrates are avoided and poultry products, fish, turkey, shellfish that usually eaten with vegetables, nuts, eggs and cheese are to be eaten but in moderation. Coffee and tea is allowed but taken in moderation.
- Phase 2
This phase is much easier than the first. It will last until the desired weight is achieved. The carbohydrates rich foods that were removed from the diet are reintroduced. You can eat brown rice and whole wheat bread but not a white bread.
- Phase 3
This is the phase where your body is already adjusted to start of a way of life that you will have to adopt for a lifetime.
4. Extreme Weight Loss Diet Plans
- Extreme weight loss diet plans provide you with a way to quickly reach your weight loss goals.
- An online nutritionist creates a healthy customized meal plan.
- The recipes and foods included in the custom meal plan are healthy and minimize the use of preservatives.
- This includes a weekly shopping list, which makes it easy to stick with your custom meal plan.
- Extreme Weight Loss Diet Plans
5. The Cabbage Soup Diet
It is one of the seven days that weight loss diet plans is aiming at weight loss in a short span of time.
The cabbage soup diet wants you consuming cabbage soup for seven days with every meal of the day.
Day 1: Cabbage soup and fruits (unlimited quantity and any fruit except for bananas)
Day 2: Cabbage soup and vegetables. A baked potato with butter for dinner is allowed.
Day 3: Cabbage soup and a combination of fruits and vegetables (except for bananas and potatoes)
Day 4: Cabbage soup, bananas and skimmed milk (Do NOT exceed 8 bananas to be consumed through the day)
Day 5: Cabbage soup and 350-500 grams beef with 6 slices of tomatoes.
Day 6: Cabbage soup, beef and vegetables (except potatoes)
Day 7: Cabbage soup, brown rice, vegetables (except potatoes) and fresh fruit juice.
6. What is the Raw Food Diet?
- The Raw Food diet allows you to consume any kind of raw food.
- Raw food includes fruits, vegetables, dry fruits, fresh fruit juices, nuts, seeds, legumes, and grains.
- Some processing of raw foods can also be done such as blending, crushing, sprouting, soaking and juicing, provided that you will not be adding dairy products or sugar on it.
Boiling of raw foods cannot be done.
7. Zone diet plan
- The Zone diet is a high-protein, low-carbohydrate, fat-controlled eating plan.
- This is unlike most high-protein diets as it allows you to have a broader range of foods to be taken.
- This diet believes that a human body reaches its efficiency when the body is consuming all meals with carbohydrates, proteins and fats. As such, the body will work within the zone full of energy causing
- Protein tends to make you feel full and thus helping you to avoid eating in between meals.
Important information to know about all weight loss diet plans
With any weight loss diet plans it's recommended you get a good online nutritionist. This will allow you to get a healthy meal plan that will allow you to be successful in your diet. An online nutritionist provide you with a customized meal plan. These meal plans are also sometimes called a custom meal plan. They can be accompanied by a custom workout plan. It's important to remember with any of these weight loss diet plans you always consult with your doctor.